Another upcoming workshop at The Trading Post is described below.
Sounds like total Indigo Immersion but your whole body will not be blue-just your hands!!
Other upcoming workshops.
Tablet Weaving with John Mullarkey March 23-25
Ethnic Socks with Mary Germain and Sandy deMaster April 28-29
Nancy Zeller of Longridge Farms in New Hampshire will be teaching everything you always wanted to know about Indigo!!
Cost $140 plus $35 materials fee payable at start of workshop.
Contact Susan at 765-778-3331 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!!
Unravel the Mystery and Magic of Indigo!
Instructor: Nancy Zeller
This workshop will cover all aspects of dyeing with the only natural blue dye in the world ~ indigo.
Learn to make your own indigo stock, prepare and balance the indigo vat, and work hands-on dyeing with your own yarns or fabric. You may bring up to 2 pounds of fiber to dye. Add a deeper dimension to your fibers through mastering the art of indigo dyeing. By the end of two days you will have a thorough and practiced knowledge of the art of indigo.
Students please bring:
1. One plastic bucket large enough to hold your fiber.
2. Maximum of 2 pounds of fiber, either yarns or fabric
3. Rubber gloves as used for dish washing.
4. Apron or wear clothing suitable for dyeing.
5. Quart or half-gallon size, WIDE mouth canning jar to make stock solution in. Jar must be able to fit a long handled spoon into for stirring.
6. Plastic bag to transport your dyed fiber.
7. Container that will seal to transport your indigo vat home in if so desired.