If you want to start spinning with Majacraft then the Pioneer is the wheel for you!
The Pioneer has been designed by Majacraft to be a highly affordable spinning wheel – yet we have been careful not to compromise the functionality that Majacraft wheels are renowned for.
As with all Majacraft wheels our accessories will fit on the Pioneer. You can add our specialist spinning equipment if you wish to pursue different styles of spinning.
The wide range of ratios, a versatile Delta Flyer and easy to use Scotch Tension System will make spinning a dream! The head can be adjusted in a similar way to the Little Gem so you can customise the orifice position to fit your style and body.
The effortless double treadle spinning allows you to spin for long periods of time with no discomfort. The pedal position has been ergonomically designed to fit you comfortably as the spinner!
The beautiful cream wash finish is unique to the Pioneer and will obviously be treasured by it’s owner.
Some of the features of the Pioneer are:
- Double heel and toe treadling
– Frictionless ball bearings
– Single hook flyer
– Maintainance-free drive band
– Super smooth patented bobbins
– No threading hook required
– Right or left handed
– Five ratios available on each whorl
Click here for wheel ratios.
Click here for Majacraft’s wonderful Technical info for the Pioneer.
- Schacht’s Saxony wheel was designed in conjunction with Rick and Marge Reeves.
- Double Treadle
- Both double drive and Scotch tension are standard
- Left hand and right hand spinning are an option
- Hand-Rubbed Danish Oil Finish
- available in 24″ and 30″ sizes
- available in Ash and Cherry
Each wheel comes with…
- 3 bobbins
- 2 whorls
- Lazy Kate
- Threading Hook
Click here for more information
Majacraft’s original double-treadle spinning wheel
- Spins beautifully
- Crafted in attractive New Zealand Rimu
- All Majacraft spinning accessories fit on the Suzie making it very versatile.
- Double heel and toe treadling
- Frictionless ball bearings
- Single hook flyer
- Folds up for transport
- Maintenance-free drive band
- Super smooth patented bobbins
- No threading hook required
- Right or left handed
- Five main ratios available on each whorl
- high speed whorl and low speed whorls to extend the spinning range from 3.25:1 to 20:1
- baby bobbins
- lace bobbins
- huge plying bobbins
The Rose is a classic wheel for the every spinner.
With its spoked wheel and engraved rose motif, it is elegant with a traditional feel.
- includes a bobbin box which can be used as a lazy kate
- has a normal and fast whorl, two flyers with delta and fine fiber orifice
- ratios extend from 4.25 to 19.5 using the whorls supplied
- includes four bobbins
- handle folds to allow easy handling
- handle and head position are adjustable so you can achieve the most comfortable spinning position
- suits both left and right handed spinners
- uses the dependable Scotch tension for smooth and easy spinning.
- The Little Gem is a state of the art traveling, folding wheel. It is especially useful for those who need to transport their spinning wheel but has the capability and smoothness to cater for all types of spinning. Is is fully packaged with three bobbins, traveling kate in its own thermal bag.
- Our Gem requires you to part company with preconceived ideas about spinning wheels. Majacraft threw the rule book away! This design of this wheel is a revolutionary new concept.
- Available packaged with the folding stool. This makes Gem very suitable for use while on vacation or away from home as it can be transported folded flat but assembled or in the special carry bag for this wheel. The bag has a carry handle as well as a shoulder strap included.
- Easily handles tasks of spinning and plying wool, mohair, silk, etc.
- Small and incredibly light (around 4kgs or 10 lbs.)
- A full height spinning wheel with attractive design.
Continue reading Majacraft – Little Gem